At a glitzy affair held at Vodaworld in Midrand last night, Cars.co.za announced the winners of their increasingly popular Cars.co.za Consumer Awards categories.
The beauty of these awards is that the judging is split evenly between celebrity and motoring journalist judges and consumer surveys taken during the course of 2016.
So the people who buy these vehicles are the people that actually have a say in who wins.
While the category winners are chosen using the 50/50 vote I mentioned earlier, the top honours award of Brand of the Year is purely chosen on data collected and audited from consumers alone.
So 100% of the vote for the top award is purely from the people who actually own and drive the brand.
So the people have spoken and the coveted trophy was deservedly given to Suzuki South Africa.
Being incredibly underrated in South Africa, the Suzuki brand of vehicles offers quality, reliability, comfort, economy and great value for money across their entire model range.
Further enforcing this, Suzuki also won two category awards for Best Budget Car, with the Celerio taking honours here and Best Compact Family Car was handed to the Vitara 1.6 GL+.
Here are the winners of each category…
- Budget Car – Suzuki Celerio 1.0 GL
- Compact Hatchback – Opel Corsa 1.0T Enjoy
- Premium Hatchback – Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG
- First Class – BMW 750Li Design Pure Excellence
- Business Class – Audi A4 2.0T FSI Sport S tronic
- Executive Sedan – Jaguar XF 25t Portfolio
- Compact Family Car – Suzuki Vitara 1.6 GL+
- Family Car – Volkswagen Tiguan 1.4 TSI Comfortline DSG
- Leisure Double Cab Bakkie – Ford Ranger 3.2 Wildtrak 4×4 Auto
- Lifestyle SUV – Land Rover Discovery Sport TD4 SE
- Premium SUV – Volvo XC90 T8 Twin Engine Inscription
- Fun Car – Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport
- Performance Car – BMW M2 M-DCT
A huge congratulations to all the deserved winners in their respective categories and congratulations must go out to the Cars.co.za team for putting on another superb event.